|Most unflattering photo taken of us EVER. (True confession: I still like it)|
- I have to make my own lunch & brew my own coffee. It's true, folks, I transitioned from Mom packing me a lunch to Matt & It. Is. Wonderful. When we first got married, I made the lunches, but when
weI realized that it took me a whole lot longer to get ready in the morning, Matt took over. He now leaves for work earlier, but still (willingly) gets up before me to pack my lunch & start my coffee. He is a sweetheart, for sure, and I am so thankful for his little morning sacrifice.
- In lieu of our usual meat-starch-veggie-dinner, I opt for hummus & crackers with a side of applesauce. and icecream. and a glass of wine. What can I say...the dishes are a breeze! (I am most certainly not a closet alcoholic, but quite possibly a closet icecreamaholic).
- I may skip dinner all together & go to the mall to try on 20 pairs of jeans. I know better than to subject Matt to that kind of torture, so I save it for when he's away. Last week, I went to Gap & snagged these jeans with a Groupon from a couple of months ago. For my first pair of jeans purchased in the last 5 years (it's true), I am super pleased. Not only do they have a worn in feel & flattering fading (none of that washed out in the bum look), but they run big which is an instant confidence boost. Nothing like walking out the store with a pair of jeans a size smaller than your norm.
- I stretch it out. I pop in the YogaX DVD instead of our usual P90x 'go-tos' that are heavy on the pushups & pullups. I still love those, but my less-then-flexible-husband is not a huge Yoga fan.
- I sleep in the middle of the bed. On the little ridge on the mattress cover that we've formed after 3 years of sleeping side-by-side. It feels lonely on my side without him next to me. So the middle it is.
- I keep bear spray next to the bed. Just in case. In college when I lived alone for a summer I kept a kitchen knife under my mattress. Knives = probably not a good idea. Now that we have bear spray lying around from one of our many camping adventures, it makes me feel like I can ward off the bad guys. Safety first.