Monday, July 26, 2010

Everyone is getting hitched!

This has been the summer of weddings. I think our last count was somewhere around 8 weddings from May to October! While we wished we could celebrate with all of our dear friends, we quickly discovered it was not feasible to hit 'em all.

For one, 4 of the weddings occurred on 2 weekends & weren't geographically close enough to allow us to go to both (Tennessee/Hawaii & Indy/Michigan). Secondly, we just don't have that kind of vacation time or budget to jet set around the country (8 weddings - 6 different states!).

We have been able to make it to several & we were especially excited & honored to get to celebrate with Kevin & Rachel this weekend as they tied the knot in Michigan!

Matt & Kevin have been friends since junior high, & Kevin is one of those guys that Matt has the utmost respect for. Turns out, Kevin also has some awesome college friends, who Matt immediately bonded with (in the most dude-like sense possible) through their groomsmen duties. Needless to say, Matt was pumped to be apart of Kevin's wedding day.

With Matt as a groomsman, I was left to fend for myself! This was the first wedding I've been to where I didn't know anyone but the groom (& Matt, of course), but all of the guests were extremely gracious & friendly!

The weekend was especially rainy, but thankfully the rain held off for the wedding & festivities! We even enjoyed a gorgeous sunset... A few of my favorite shots are included below. Sadly, I didn't manage to get a closeup of the bride & groom, but I did sneak a peak at the photographer's camera after the hill shoot below & all I can say is gorgeous!

(Matt's new friends. Thanks for taking care of him, dudes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...