|Our darling Floridian turned snowbunny. Sledding = Gigglefest. Check out that big smile & those rosy cheeks!|
It's after 11 on a Tuesday & I should be in bed already! Since I'm due for a Tuesday Musing, I thought I'd share a very short list before I call it a night...
- I am so very thankful for the many people who prayed for my family & especially my grandpa this last month. Last night, I spent some wonderful time with a special group of girls & was reminded of how blessed I am to have a community (both near & far) who genuinely cares. You know who you are. Thank you.
- We bought a Christmas tree on Saturday night when I got back from Illinois (had to zip the windows off the Jeep to get it on our car, which made for a chilly ride home) & since then, I've officially camped out in our living room. I spent the better part of the day working from my couch, after dinner I plopped down in the same spot to work on Christmas cards, and last night, I fell asleep reading down here. There's just something about the smell of pine, all of our sentimental ornaments &, of course, the pretty twinkle lights. Love love love our tree. We considered not getting one this year since it's already so close to Christmas, but I couldn't bear an empty reminder in our living room of our difficult December. I think it was a good decision.
- Speaking of Christmas cards, I'll be lucky if I get them out by New Year's. Our unexpected trip to Moline has me a tad behind on all things Christmas so our mailing list is getting a bit of a trim so that I can at least get cards out to family & out of town friends. Wish me luck!
- If my niece Hannah was my child (believe me, I pretend sometimes), I might consider scrapping all of the Christmas card photos we took earlier this month & using the beauty at the top of this post instead. It's my laptop background & has been helping me keep my chin up the last few days. Hannah was an absolute godsend this last week. When everyone was tired, sad & cranky, she cheered us up... waddling around her "GaGa's" house, generously giving hugs & kisses to loads of relatives (& a few new friends), stealing cell phones, playing in the snow (a first! she loved sledding!), brushing her/our hair, feeding beenie babies with an ear drop bottle she found, tooting at the dinner table, waving "hi" to shoppers at the grocery store & talking (a lot). I love that little girl.
- My presence on the blog may be a little light through the end of the month. In addition to tackling my growing "to-do" list (that includes finishing my Christmas shopping...yikes!), I want to carve out plenty of time to cozy up on my couch with a cup of coffee, a good book or favorite Christmas movie, (and of course, Matt) & relax. After the ups & downs of the last month, I think we deserve it. In case I don't get a chance to wish you a Merry Christmas closer to the big day, I hope that the joy & peace & presence of the Lord fills your heart this Christmas season.