Tuesday, June 1, 2010

How does your garden grow?

Here's a sneak peak of our beautiful Memorial Day weekend up in the mountains. The Felkels were kind enough to invite us up to Little Switzerland for the weekend & we had a wonderful time enjoying the fresh mountain air.  I'll post a more complete recap later (including an introduction to the cutest little mountain man ever), but first I just wanted to share some of my favorite snapshots from the Felkel's backyard garden & the amazing sunrise I was lucky enough to capture thanks to some chirpy birds that woke me up at 5:30am on Sunday morning. Hope y'all had a fabulous weekend! Check back later for a more complete post!

(Pstt... to see a slightly larger version of this collage - just click on the photo!)

3 comments:

  1. 1) somebody's been using the "vivid" setting!

    2) HOW DO YOU DO THESE FRIGGIN COOL COLLAGES??? I LOVE THEM!

    3) Your pictures make me so happy, Suz!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yup! I'm learning the camera .... slowly. Vivid +1 setting is my default & my favorite trick is changing the white balance. What a dramatic difference!!!

    Can you tell I'm obsessed with the collages? It's my new discovery on Picasa. You can download Picasa (from Google) onto your desktop & they have a few collage options. Note that Picasa web albums & Picasa's desktop version are different. Try this link to download the latest version.: http://picasa.google.com/intl/en_us/

    There aren't a ton of options (as Photoshop would have); for example, I didn't select where the photos would show up in the collage - it's kind of just random.... but it's fun to experiment. They also have some limited photo editing capabilities, but I'd rather let my camera work for me then spend time editing later. All of the photos above were straight out of the camera. I'm learning!!!

    Love you, Liz! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...