Saturday, February 26, 2011

Colorado in Pictures: Cripple Creek

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugI always struggle with picking my very favorite photos from our adventures to share on the blog, & my recent trip to Colorado Springs to visit my hometown friend, Liz, with my other hometown bff, Tara, was no exception.

Part of the reason blogging about this trip was so difficult is because we packed so much into our few short days out West. In an effort not to inundate y'all with 500 photos, I'll break up this little photo-journal into at least three posts to spare you from the longest-blog-post-in-history. Can't wait that long? (Although I highly doubt anyone out there except maybe Tara & Liz care all that much). Click here to see my entire Smugmug album.

After arriving late Friday night, we woke up early Saturday & headed west to a cute old mountain town called Cripple Creek. They were having a little winter festival, complete with a couple blocks of ice sculptures. We meandered around, checked out the sculptures, ate some homemade fudge & then did a little photoshoot (aren't girlfriends fun?) before heading back to the Springs.

Stop by in the next few days to catch a photo recap of the rest of the weekend including stops at the Air Force Academy, Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs & Denver! All of our adventures are proof that Liz is a fantastic hostess! We couldn't have packed more into our short weekend trip!

Wondering where Matt was this weekend? He was also in Colorado for his brother's bachelor party. The wedding party (groomsmen/bridesmaids) spent the weekend skiing in Winter Park! So we both had pretty great weekends!


In the air...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Almost there...
Off to Cripple Creek...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
The ladies (Suz, Liz & Tara)...
Cripple Creek, CO...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
This local cracked me up...
The ice festival...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
They even let us sit on the sculptures...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Our little chocolate break...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
My girls were kind enough to let me practice my portrait skills on them!
First up, Tara...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Tara was fixing her hair as I clicked away. I think she looks so dang beautiful in this shot.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
And Liz...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
I even let them take my picture...
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
See y'all later for the rest of the photo-recap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...