Saturday, May 8, 2010

This little brother is a college grad! Congratulations, Mark!

I've been waiting for an excuse to post this photo for awhile. That's my "little" brother Mark with my niece, Hannah (Katie & Matt's little love) on Easter. Aren't they just the cutest?

As of today, my little 'bubs' is a college grad. It's weekends like these that I seriously miss home. I'm absent for both Mother's Day & Mark's graduation from Stetson. What kind of a big sister/loving daughter am I?  I had chance to talk to Mark for all of 30 seconds this morning. It went something like this:

Mark: "What's up, Suz?"
Me: "Did I wake you up?" (Realizing it's before 10am on a Saturday & he may just be sleeping in on his last day as a college kid)
Mark: "Nope. I'm in line about to graduate."
Me: "Well then why in the world did you pick up the phone, you crazy kid? Go graduate!" (Okay, I didn't say that. I told him I loved him & was proud of him & hung up for his sake.)

Truth is. I am proud of him. Really, really proud. There, I said it, Mark. After 22 years of giving you a hard time for being too laid back, acting like you don't care, & pretty much being the polar opposite of your 2 big sisters, which let's face it, is not a crime ... I must admit that you have grown into an incredible man. You did something neither Katie nor I even got close to accomplishing. You juggled school and a full time 'job' as a Division I athlete. And you did a great job at both. You've held fast to your faith and made good decisions ... as far as we know ;) You have purpose & direction for the next phase of your life as you chase your dream of being a coach.You've done well, kid. And I know you have good things ahead of you.

Okay, enough with the mushy gushy stuff... I hope you have a chance to celebrate today! We love you & miss you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...